Effective starting: September 17, 2015
At EI, our goal is to help you, your team, and your school. In order to provide a great experience, we need all participants and users to use the services and products in good faith and not misuse or abuse our products and services.
To help us identify what is misuse and abuse we’ve created this Acceptable Use Policy.
Under this policy, we reserve the right to remove content or access or services to participants that is inconsistent with the spirit of the guidelines, even if it’s something that is not expressly outlined below.
By “services” we mean all websites, portals, documents, presentations owned or operated by EI (such as educatorimpact.com/us and any related websites, sub-domains, and pages) as well as any hosted services or products operated by EI.
Here’s what we won’t allow:
- Compromising the integrity of our systems. This could include probing, scanning, or testing the vulnerability of any system or network that hosts our services.
- Tampering with, reverse-engineering, or hacking our services, circumventing any security or authentication measures, or attempting to gain unauthorized access to the services, related systems, networks, or data
- Modifying, disabling, or compromising the integrity or performance of the services or related systems, network or data
- Deciphering any transmissions to or from the servers running the services
- Overwhelming or attempting to overwhelm our infrastructure by imposing an unreasonably large load on our systems that consume extraordinary resources (CPUs, memory, disk space, bandwidth, etc.), such as:
- Using “robots,” “spiders,” “offline readers,” or other automated systems to send more request messages to our servers than a human could reasonably send in the same period of time by using a normal browser
- Going far beyond the use parameters for any given service as described in its corresponding documentation
- Misrepresentation of yourself, or disguising the origin of any content (including by “spoofing”, “phishing”, manipulating headers or other identifiers, impersonating anyone else, or falsely implying any sponsorship or association with EI or any third party)
- Using the services to violate the privacy of others, including publishing or posting other people’s private and confidential information without their express permission, or collecting or gathering other people’s personal information (including account names or information) from our services
- Using our services to stalk, harass, or post direct, specific threats of violence against others
- Using the services for any illegal purpose or in violation of any laws (including without limitation data, privacy, and export control laws)
- Accessing or searching any part of the services by any means other than our publicly supported interfaces (for example, “scraping”)
- Using meta tags or any other “hidden text” including EI’s or our suppliers’ product names or trademarks
- Using the services to generate or send unsolicited communications, advertising, chain letters, or spam
- Soliciting our users for commercial purposes, unless expressly permitted by EI
- Disparaging EI or our partners, vendors, or affiliates
Posting, uploading, sharing, submitting, or otherwise providing content that:
- Infringes EI’s or a third party’s intellectual property or other rights, including any copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret, moral rights, privacy rights of publicity, or any other intellectual property right or proprietary or contractual right
- You don’t have the right to submit
- Is deceptive, fraudulent, illegal, obscene, defamatory, libelous, threatening, harmful to minors, pornographic (including child pornography, which we will remove and report to law enforcement, including the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children), indecent, harassing, hateful
- Encourages illegal or tortious conduct or that is otherwise inappropriate
- Attacks others based on their race, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, disability, or medical condition
- Contains viruses, bots, worms, scripting exploits, or other similar materials
- Is intended to be inflammatory
- Could otherwise cause damage to EI or any third party
In this Acceptable Use Policy, the term “content” means: (1) any information, data, text, software, code, scripts, music, sound, photos, graphics, videos, messages, tags, interactive features, or other materials that you post, upload, share, submit, or otherwise provide in any manner to the services and (2) any other materials, content, or data you provide to EI or use with the Services.
Without affecting any other remedies available to us, EI may permanently or temporarily terminate or suspend a user’s account or access to the services without notice or liability if EI (in its sole discretion) determines that a user has violated this Acceptable Use Policy.